Q: What does ETS do?
A: We design, build & market some of the best baluns available today.
Q: What is a balun?
A: It's a transformer that allows you to connect two different kinds of wire and maintain signal integrity.
Q: Why the name, balun?
A: It's a conjecture of two words balanced & unbalanced.
Q: Do baluns need power?
A: Baluns come in both active & passive versions, the passive version does not need power.
Q: What is a real world use for baluns?
A: They are used extensively in the audio & video arena to replace coax cable with UTP CAT5 & 6 cable.
Q: Who typically needs baluns?
A: Anyone who uses audio and/or video:
- Broadcast, recording & production studios
- Churches, schools, retail stores, sports bars & night clubs
- Hotels, motels, theme parks & home theaters
- ANYONE who uses audio and/or video
Q: Why use baluns?
A: Here are just some of the reasons:
- To take advantage of the high quality, low cost CAT5 & 6 cables currently available
- To extend transmission distances
- To reduce installation costs
- To send 4 analog audio signals over one cable
- To send 4 video signals over one cable
- To send audio & video over one cable
- To eliminate ground loops that cause hum & interference
- To utilize existing wiring
Q: Why buy ETS baluns?
A: Our customers save a lot of money by using the quality designed and built ETS baluns with UTP or existing cable without losing signal quality.